Monday, March 8, 2010

Memory Lane

March 8, 2010



Recently as I was cleaning out some closet's and organizing some things, I found a bag containing several disposal cameras. I wasn't sure if the pictures could be developed due to the age of the cameras and the conditions in which they had been found, but I decided I would give it a try anyway.


After dropping off all 15 cameras at the local Walgreen's, I was told I could pick them up the following afternoon. I have to admit, it was like waiting for Christmas day, wondering what gifts would be under the tree! I could not wait to get to Walgreen's the next afternoon and see if any pictures had been salvaged. To my surprise 13 out of the 15 cameras were able to be developed! Praise the Lord!


What a blessing to see so many memories that were otherwise gone but now given life through the eyes of a camera.



These first pictures are of my stepdaughter, Kelli at her high school graduation from North Davidson High School. Kelli turns 25 May 7th of this year so it would make these pictures close to 8 years old.


Kelli with sisters, Jana (l) and Rachael (r)

Kelli with Papa Tullock (l) and Mama Tullock (r)

Kelli at age 17



Kelli and her Dad



This next picture was one that Rachael had requested I take several times and finally one day after school, she got her wish. Rachael has been a student of UGCS since the age of 3 and when Pastor returned in 2001, she quickly became one of his "little buddies." As she continued to grow at UGCS, so did her love for Pastor and the church. It was through the love shown to us by UGCS that Rachael and I started attending Union Grove Baptist Church and we each became believers through hearing the gospel of Jesus Christ. Jimmy would join us in 2003. It's amazing what Love can do!
Rachael and Pastor Harris (I believe this was taken in 2002)




This picture was one among many that were taken when Rachael and the Brown boys celebrated their birthdays together one year. Yuri and Jon were a big part of showing Christ to our family and try to include us in as many activities as possible to plant the seeds of salvation. Praise the Lord for people willing to put others first and share the love of Jesus Christ. A family divided by sin but now united in Christ!

McKinley, Seth & Wilson Brown and Rachael Tullock



The next two pictures are of Rachael and her dog, Bear. Bear was a wonderful part of our family and we were blessed to have him for many years. I remember the day I had to tell her that Bear had passed away and the tears she cried. It was the first loss of someone dear to her and she was comforted by a shadow box that Kim & Yuri had made for her. The shadow box contains Bear's collar, his ID tag and a picture of him and Rachael together.


Rachael and Bear playing in the snow.


Bear



Rachael has always enjoyed playing sports and we believe that God has blessed her with many athletic abilities. She loves to play volleyball, basketball, and softball. She even played on the spring soccer teams at UGCS until they started overlapping with softball. She then determined she would stay a softball player. Rachael played community sports from the time she was old enough to hit a ball off a tee and bounce a basketball around half court! She loves sports!


Rachael playing softball for Arcadia community team. That's Jessica Hege behind her.


Paige Wall, Rachael Tullock, and Mackezie Hauser


I think every young girl goes through a stage of wanting a horse and Rachael was no different. We went through the age of her big sister, Kelli desiring to have her own horse and Rachael followed in her footsteps. Rachael asked her dad and I to buy her a horse at least once a day for a solid year. You could not make her understand that a horse required a lot of money, land, food, and attention. We finally were able to compromise when I began taking her horseback riding at Tanglewood Farms.


Rachael and her horse (he was a rental)



I'm not sure where this next picture was taken but it shows Rachael, Jessica Hege, and Haley Griffith together. It was probably taken at church but I love the smiles on their faces!



Our last picture down memory lane was our most recent one. This picture was taken in 2008. Thanksgiving Day at our house. We celebrate Thanksgiving Day at our house each year and Jimmy's family, my mom, and a few friends join us.


Jimmy, Rose, Kelli, Jennifer, Nick, Mom, Me, PaPa, MaMa, Rachael, Daniel and Julie



It was so much fun looking at all the pictures and even posting some of them to facebook. It was like having Christmas all over again! Some of the best gifts can be unexpected gifts!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear I'm not the only one to do this. I've got 6-7 rolls of film from our honeymoon back in 2003. I really should develop them before they ruin. We took shots on a digital camera and the regular camera. Somewhere along the line, I've lost all the digital ones. These would be all I have left. I think you've motivated me to get them processed.

    It was special to me to read a little about how your family came to know the Lord. I'd love to hear the whole story one day, especially since I didn't live here during those days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the trip down memory lane :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a LOT of pictures!!! i LOVE going back and looking at old pictures!!! thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete