Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Jesus does care!!

November 19, 2008
I know you are probably wondering why I titled this particular day of blogging, "Jesus does care!" Well, I will tell you, it has been one rough week for me. I have dealt with some physical issues that were brought on by my new lifestyle change (eating habits) and exercising. I tried for the last week to press through these things and not let them get me discouraged. However, by Sunday night, I will admit, I was deeply discouraged. I was not exercising anymore because of my pain and by Monday night I was in tears. I told Jimmy that I just could not understand that if I were doing something to better my health and to show the Lord that my body was his temple in every aspect, then why was I facing such difficulty. I was in a great deal of pain and had just given up. I even told myself at one point, "why bother?" "You will only gain it all back." I was in a pit. In my tears, I cried out to God. I asked him to help me because I could not do this on my own. I needed him to alleviate some pain but also to give me the strength and endurance that I needed to continue my journey of weight loss. I know there are people who are struggling with much bigger issues than weight loss but when you are faced with discouragement, in my opinion, there is no competition on who takes first place. I was so discouraged that by last night I was convinced that I would not even weigh in today. I thought, "what is the use?" "I have not been able to exercise and I know I have not been as committed this week." This morning, Jesus showed me how much he does care. First, he alleviated some of the pain I have been dealing with. I woke up feeling somewhat better this morning. He then gave me an encouraging phone call. My husband called me this morning and told me that he loved me and was proud of me. He also told me that if I had not lost any weight, that it was okay and that I would press forward with a new week and Jesus was with me. I was ready to tell him that I was not going to weigh in when the Lord used another person to encourage me. My friend, Wanda came to me and said, "are you ready to go to weigh in?" She attends weight watchers with me and is a big encouragement to me as well. She came to me in just the right timing. God's timing. I told Jimmy that I would call him back and I left to go to the meeting with Wanda. I told her my concerns on the way and she encouraged me to weigh in and no matter the outcome, to stay focused on the journey. Jesus knows how much this journey means to me and he knows my heart. He was good to me. I was still being the big pessimistic when I stepped on the scales and was astounded when Susan advised me that I had lost another 1.6 lbs for a total weight loss of 18 lbs. I just stood on the scale and praised my God for being so faithful. Even when we get discouraged and give up, he still cares. My mind immediately went to Philippians 4:13. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Again, I know this may seem a small matter to many, but to me, it showed how mighty my God is. Nothing is impossible for him.

1 comment:

  1. No pain no gain, right? HA! Congratulations on your weight loss and keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete