Wednesday, November 26, 2008

THANKSGIVING!

November 26,2008
Thanksgiving is fast approaching and I have been thanking God each day for all my blessings. We did not get to attend the Thanksgiving service on Tuesday night due to sickness in my family. Rachael has the head cold "crud" and so does Jimmy. I have been battling what I thought was a 24 hour stomach virus that has now lasted for 3 days. We did not want to spread our love to anyone else so we decided it was best to stay home. Rachael stayed home from school and slept most of the day. She ate very little but watched a little television with us last night. Jimmy sounds as though he has a frog in his throat. He woke up this morning and said he thinks he might be trying to get better but just cannot get this stuff out of his head. I went on to my weigh in this morning even though my body did not feel like doing so. I ended up with a 5 lb weight loss. I truly did not expect to lose 5 lbs but I told Susan that I was battling a stomach virus and had not eat well for 3 days. My total weight loss is now 23 lbs. I really did not do a good job of monitoring my points this past week just because my stomach has "churned" for days but I did maintain control over things I was eating. We are spending Thanksgiving at our house tomorrow and Jimmy's family, my mother, niece, and a dear friend and her boys will be there. There will be approximately 23 of us giving thanks and eating dinner tomorrow. I have so many things to be thankful for and tomorrow we will give everyone an opportunity to tell what they are thankful for. I do tell the Lord each morning how thankful I am for my family, home, job, health, and protection that he provides to us each day. I pray that I do not ever take for granted how much the Lord has blessed me and my family. My sister and her family have gone to their place at the beach and my brother and his wife will stay in Florida. We will miss the ones that do not come but will enjoy the time we have with the ones that do come. I am not counting points tomorrow. I am just going to be in control of my plate and portions. If I am not feeling any better tomorrow, I don't think I will have to worry about eating too much. Kelli is home and staying with us through the weekend. Nick and Melissa will be at the house tomorrow too. I plan to take some pictures because we don't get together as much as we used to. Everyone stays so busy and involved in their own lives. I pray that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving Day and I will be praying for safe travel for those of you on the road. God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to the Tullocks! Hope you all feel better soon (it's going around in our house too, did you guys send it through the woods by chance?, ha!) We love you and are thankful for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to interrupt your blog, but I just got bored and googled my name and your site came up. You see, I'm Angie Tullock, too! LOL And here I thought I was so unique. Glad to meet you!

    ReplyDelete