Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Weight Loss Update

April 22, 2009

My Weight Watchers meeting was great this morning and a real encouragement. I lost 4.2 lbs for a total of 54.0 lbs. I am back on track and pray for strength to have another good week. If I lose a pound this week, I will celebrate 55 lbs next Wednesday. This is a celebration to encourage me to stay faithful this week.

I watched the Biggest Loser last night and was sad to see Kristin go. She is a remarkable individual and has encouraged me a great deal in my journey. She appeared on this show being the largest woman ever to weigh in and has lost an incredible 130 lbs. I am "cheering her on" to be the one who has lost the most weight at the finale.


Recipe for this week is simple and does not require a lot of time.

Italian Chicken
4 chicken breasts
1 cup fat free Italian dressing
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 c part skim mozzarella cheese

Wash chicken breast and lay flat in crock pot. Add salt & pepper. Add fat free Italian dressing.

Cook on low in crock pot for 6 hours.

Remove chicken from crock pot and lay in 9 x 13 pan sprayed lightly with Pam. Add cheese on top of chicken breast and place in oven on low Broil. Broil 2 minutes until you see cheese melt on chicken. Serves 4. WW Points = 6

(This is a quick meal for evenings on the go that can be prepared while you are at work)
I serve mine with a large salad and small baked potato.

For dessert this week I want to keep things simple again and recommend making a fat free chocolate pudding with some sugar free cool whip on top.

I've also had some people ask me if I had any nutritional information on the new flat bread that Subway serves. This information is now available on line at http://www.subway.com/ and is not as bad as thought. The flat bread itself contains 240 calories, 5 grams of fat, and 2 grams of fiber which calculates to 5 WW Points. So you could still have a turkey, ham, or roast beef flat bread for under 8 points. It would not be the best choice every time in comparison to the 9 grain wheat bread or honey oat but still a treat on occasions. I had a steak flat bread this past Friday with the Monterrey jack cheese and all the vegetables for 10 points. It was very filling and I had the points left in my day to treat myself to it.

Quick note: Our girls softball team at Union Grove Christian School is having a remarkable season this year and I encourage you to come out and watch them play. They won last night at Sheets 10-0 and are undefeated for the year. They have 3 more games to go before play offs. Lets pray that go to State and Win It All this Year!! Next game is Monday, April 27th at home.

2 comments:

  1. This is my first time commenting, but I have read many of your posts. I am impressed with your weight loss. That is amazing! 54.0 pounds!! WooHoo. I did WeightWatchers 6 years ago with my mom. She wanted to lose weight before I got married and I wanted to drop a few so I could look my best. I lost 10 and mom lost 30. It's a great program and I think it would help me, but since I'm in FPU right now, I don't think Dave Ramsey would approve! ;-)

    I can't wait to try your chicken recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your weight loss. If I dont shed these 20 lbs by the end of summer, I am going to be joining you at weight watchers! I have never had to watch what I eat, so it has been really tough.

    ReplyDelete