Thursday, May 21, 2009

QUICK NOTE

MAY 21, 2009



Just giving a quick update to blog followers. Jimmy's mother was released from the hospital this past Tuesday and is at home recuperating. She is doing really well and walking each day. This has been a burden lifted from everyone and we appreciate all the prayers. Please continue to pray for her as she is facing an additional surgery to place stints in her neck in 6 months.



Rachael is finishing up exams and the end of the school year is almost over. Her last day will be tomorrow and she is singing with 3 other young ladies for graduation Friday night. I am going to make sure I video her this time and maybe can even place it on the blog next week.



We are heading out of town on Saturday. We are going camping at Grandfather Mountain. I will take some pictures and post them also. We are excited about spending some time together as a family and exploring Grandfather Mountain and other areas.



Weigh in was much better this week and I truly feel I am back on track. I lost 6.6 lbs so I was really excited. I have seen the fruits of prayers and I feel very blessed. Please pray for me to continue to have strength as I still have more pounds to lose.



The baccalaureate service was awesome last night. The message that Daniel Hawtree brought was "dead-on" and should have spoke to everyone in the church. It gave me a real desire to pray for my children daily but also know I cannot give up on any of them. I pray for my children but sometimes I allow other things to draw my attention from really getting on my face before God and being persistent, never giving up.



Quick recipe as I have let this fall to the wayside.

Chicken Parmigiana
1 spray olive oil cooking spray
1 pound uncooked boneless ,skinless chicken breast, thinly pounded, 4 (4 oz. pieces)
2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 cup(s) canned tomato sauce
1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
Place egg whites in a shallow bowl. Combine bread crumbs with Italian seasoning and salt.
Pour into another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg whites; turn to coat. Dip chicken in bread crumbs mixture. Turn to thoroughly coat.
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and add oil; heat over medium high heat. When hot, add chicken and cook until lightly brown and no longer pink in center, about 4 minutes per side.
Pour 1/2 cup of sauce in baking dish. Place chicken in baking dish and pour remaining sauce evenly over chicken. Sprinkle with cheeses and bake until chicken is cooked through and cheese is bubbly, about 25 minutes.
Number of servings: 4 Points per serving: 5
Helpful Hint: I added 1 tsp of garlic and basil to my sauce just to add some more flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment