Monday, June 28, 2010

June 28, 2010

Looking back, I wanted to make sure I blogged about Rachael's year of school. We are very proud of her freshman year at Union Grove Christian School and look forward to prayerfully an even better sophomore year.

In May, we were contacted by a member of the American Christian Honor Society and told that Rachael was eligible for the distinguished honor of being inducted into the American Christian Honor Society. There are certain requirements that are part of the eligibility process including your GPA, testimony, character, service, and leadership abilities.

Rachael was responsible for obtaining a letter of recommendation from her pastor, writing a letter of testimony, and submitting an application form that included any service to her church, school and community.

After weeks of anticipation, we received a phone call stating that Rachael had been accepted and would be tapped during a secret ceremony at the school. Jimmy and I were sworn to secrecy, given a date and time to be at the school, and told where to park so she would not see our car.

The whole ceremony process was so exciting. Jimmy and I have never been part of anything so special and it was a wonderful afternoon. My stepson, Nick came and enjoyed the special event with us.



Mrs. Hernandez opening up the ceremony
All the high school kids are sitting in the auditorium, unaware that all of us parents are behind them. The existing members of the Honor Society come out and tap the shoulder of the ones that are being inducted for the following year. Here, Rachael is being tapped and taken up front by Rachel Holt. Rachael receiving her membership certificate from Mr.Steinhaus
The lights go out and the existing Honor students perform a song and light candles that form crosses. Beautiful site to see!
Proud Dad, Mom, and Nick with Rachael holding her certificate!
Mr.Steinhaus, Rachael, Jimmy and Me!
After the ceremony, the kids were taken to Olive Garden Restaurant and enjoyed lunch as part of their reward. We were so proud to be part of this special event but more proud that Rachael worked hard for this reward. She even said to me after the lunch, "mom, now I know why you always push me to do my best at everything even when I don't want to!" She then said, "I love you mom and I am thankful you stayed on my behind!"

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Rachael...I am very proud of you!! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete