Thursday, June 24, 2010

Small gifts that last a lifetime!

June 24, 2010

This flower was picked and given to me by a beautiful little girl. Her name is Claire Harris and our family loves her very much. She is a joy to be around and has a "wit" about her that make us laugh every time she is with us. She is so smart and talks well for her age. I would dare say, her English is better than mine!

One day when Claire's family was visiting our home, Claire picked this flower and brought it to me. She could not have known at the time how much her simple gift of a flower could impact another life. I had been going though some very difficult trials and was feeling quite discouraged when this flower was given to me.

I placed it in a water bottle and sat it on the kitchen counter.

Each morning when I was dressed and ready for work, heading out the door, I would see my flower. It would bring a smile to my face and a prayer to mind. "Dear Lord, thank you for the small blessings that remind me of your love for me." God used Claire and a flower to remind me how much he loves and cares for me!

The flower has since wilted and is now gone but the act of kindness from this child will forever serve as a lesson in my heart. Sometimes others are going through trials and carrying burdens that we may never know about but our one act of kindness can remind them of God's love!

Thank you Claire and Mrs.Angie loves you very much!

1 comment: