Tuesday, December 2, 2008

DECEMBER 2, 2008

It has been an extremely busy time since Thanksgiving in my house. We have put up the Christmas tree and decorations, (well almost all decorations), put up the fall decorations, worked concessions for the ball game, and entertained some friends. I started feeling sick on Sunday morning as though I were catching a cold and by Monday morning, I was feeling pretty bad. I have what Jimmy and Rachael were fighting during Thanksgiving. I have continued to work but today have not been able to make any customer calls because I have no voice. Thanksgiving was very nice at our home and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. We took a few pictures and I'll post as soon as my niece sends them to me via email. My mother came and seem to really enjoy her afternoon with Rachael. They seem to get along so well. I just wish she would come over more often. She shocked me by saying she wanted to buy me some new clothes when I reached my goal weight. I know she loves me, but she doesn't spend a lot of time with us so I was pleasantly surprised when she suggested we go shopping soon. I took Rachael shopping on Friday for her birthday. I know what you're thinking. "How is the world could I go out on Black Friday in that mob?" Well, we did not leave the house until around 10:00 am so the big crowds were already gone. The mall was still quite crowded but not unbearable. Rachael had birthday money and bought her some new shirts and sweaters. I took her to lunch and also bought her a white chocolate mocha cappuchino (her favorite drink). She really seemed to enjoy her birthday. We also met up with her dad, sister, and cousin at dinner and took her to Texas Roadhouse. She loves steak so she got all her birthday favorites. They made her sit on the horse saddle and they sang Happy Birthday to her. She was so embarrassed and the lady would not let her off the saddle until she motioned her hands like she was throwing a lasso. It was funny. We went to Best Buy afterwards and then headed home. We did not get back to our home until 9:30 pm. It was a long day. For the final birthday present, we had her a mini chocolate molten cake with vanilla ice cream (her favorite dessert). I think her birthday was nice and she seemed to enjoy herself. My mom came back over on Saturday and spent some time with Rachael and gave her a birthday gift too. The rest of the weekend was spent getting the tree together and decorated. Rachael has an away game today and I will not be attending. I wish they did not have to travel so far for some of the games but I know in order for them to play a lot of games, they have to travel. I would like to see all of her games but I cannot leave work each time. I am going to take vacation and will have a week off at Christmas and some time after Christmas. I enjoy being at home during the Christmas week. We are not going on the youth Gatlinburg trip after putting brand new brakes on my car. We just financially do not need to spend the money. My other expense is the tiling of the back splash in my kitchen. We are having David Beverly to tile the back splash in our kitchen and I am excited to see the finished product. He is supposed to start this weekend. Yuri and I picked out 2 different tile colors from Lowe's and I cannot wait to see them on the kitchen wall. I told Jimmy not to get me anything for Christmas since we were having the kitchen tile installed. I go to weigh in tomorrow and I am praying that I have lost. I don't care if it is one ounce as long as I have lost and not gained. Thanksgiving was the hardest temptation yet. I enjoyed all my foods as well as Rachael's birthday celebration. I have been walking on the treadmill so I am praying for positive results. I'll post tomorrow good or bad.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Rachel! glad ya'll had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.saddleonline.com here you can check and it has premium, synthetic saddle, english saddle, Australian saddle.

    ReplyDelete