Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Getting through the Holiday WEIGH-INS!

December 17, 2008

Just wanted to post my weigh in today. I've said good or bad, I will post. I lost .6 lbs. Not a lot to mention but for those of us trying to survive during the Christmas temptations, it was a blessing. I had prayed for 2 days, "Lord, let me have lost, not gained." I have a "mind game" going on with myself that I just cannot see a + sign on the scale. I think that would just be a stumbling block that would definitely bring discouragement to me. I could and would get past it, but it would be hard. I'm not so unrealistic that I don't believe the day will come when I post a gain; I just don't want it to be so early in the journey. I should have more time this week to focus on my exercising and meals so hopefully next Wednesday will be better. My coach will hold weigh-in session on Christmas Eve and I will attend. I have to hold myself accountable. The week of the 24th through 31st will be the hardest for me. We have several things planned including a trip and I may take a weigh in pass on the 31st. At weight watchers you are allowed one weigh in pass and I think for me, this may be the week I use it. Unless I can get some good exercise in before we leave and during the time we are away, I just don't know how well I can maintain. I look forward to the week especially with getting away for work and just being able to spend time with family and friends. My kitchen is a wreck but for a good reason. Jimmy gave me an early Christmas present. We are having the walls underneath the kitchen cabinets tiled so that my entire back splash in my kitchen will be tile. I cannot wait to see the finished product. David Beverly, one of the missionaries in our church that is home on furlough, is doing the work and he is doing an awesome job. He is taking his time and is very articulate with his work. I am pleased with the work so far but having any meals out of the kitchen have been difficult. I have managed to do some things in our crock pot but tonight will be eat out night. The teens are Christmas caroling tonight for the elderly and we are going to take them out to eat afterwards. I will try and get my girls to go to Subway. (good healthy choice)
I will quickly tell you about our picture experience this past Sunday. I've learned 2 things. First, don't have pictures done at a portrait studio anytime in the month of December. Our appointment was at 3:00 pm and it was 4:45 pm before we were taken back for pictures. We left the place at 6:15 pm and Rachael was the only one who managed to make it back to service late. She had a YAAC after church and really wanted to go so we dropped her off on the way back home. Second, when you have a good photographer that you have used before, don't stray. Andrea, I love you and wish I could have gotten you to take our pictures. I really did not know if you would even have time to do the pictures with such short notice so I scheduled them at a studio. I definitely will call you for the next ones if you're willing to take me back! We took a change of clothes and out of 39 poses, we only chose around 6. The pictures were rushed and Jimmy was not happy at all with the finished products. There is so many flaws in our poses and in some pictures we just looked outright ridiculous. We chose what we could find to be the most decent out of the 39 simply because it was so hard to bring everyone together for a family portrait. It took 6 months for me to find a date that everyone could agree on. I called the portrait studio on Monday and filed a complaint. They called me back today and said they would be sending me a "voucher" for a free retake and pictures. I don't know that I will be able to get everyone back together. For those of you that receive our Christmas cards, you will see one of the family portraits. Just keep in mind as you are looking at the picture, it is just another day in the life of the "Griswolds" or I mean the Tullocks.

3 comments:

  1. A compliment from Wes...
    He didn't recognize you in the breezeway as we were leaving church tonight...so your weight loss is obvious even to those who never notice anything!!
    Andrea took our pictures, but I can't post them up until after Christmas since there part of presents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great Angie!

    I can't wait to see your kitchen tile work.

    I thought your family Christmas picture was good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ok Angie, I forgive you!! ; ) I know how busy lives can be, so I understand. And don't worry, I'll take you back, ha!

    ReplyDelete