Thursday, December 4, 2008

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 04,2008

Just wanted to post an update. I went to weigh in yesterday and lost an additional 1.4 lbs which brought my new total weight loss to 25 lbs. I met my first goal and my coach was very excited. She gave me a BIG HIGH-FIVE and at our meeting called me up and presented me with a bronze key chain. The key chain has the initials WW on it and I placed in on my key chain so I would always see a reminder of the success and encouragement to continue my journey. I was excited that I had lost weight over the Thanksgiving holiday and especially knowing that I had indulged in some really good food. I am still struggling with this cold crud and realized it has not been too long ago that I had this very same thing. I must attract any "bug" flying in the air. I am working on breaking this stuff up and getting it out of my system. I went to teens last night and I have to admit, it was different. It will take some time before I will get adjusted to not seeing the Pollards in the gym and having Jeremy as our leader. It is hard for all of us but I know God is holding us in the palm of his hands. Our lesson last night was on how we have an interceder through the Holy Spirit and that sometimes while we don't pray, the Holy Spirit is already interceding on our behalf. We don't even understand sometimes why some prayers are answered and the outcome of the answered prayer but down the road, the Lord makes it clear to us. Rachael gave me some news last night and it was confirmed this morning that our dear friends, the Browns will be moving to Asheville. I was quite devastated and cried when I first spoke with Yuri. I really had refused to believe all this time that it was even a possibility that they would move. I guess I just thought that if I didn't believe it would happen, then it would not. I struggle with showing emotions when people start talking about things that I know will bring sadness into my life. So when Jon and Yuri first mentioned the possibility of a move, I just refused to acknowledge it was even a possibility. I told Jon that we would be praying for God's will and we did. But I will admit, even in my prayers, I asked the Lord to leave them here because it was my own selfish desire for them to stay. I have no words to express the blessings that have been brought into our lives through our friendship with them. We alternate Sunday dinners at our house and I cannot even come to terms with them not coming. I know Rachael will struggle as well and my heart is heavy for her too. She has been going home with Yuri and the boys on Wednesday for years and she calls them her brothers. I cry even as I write this because we call them our family. I know that God leads us in directions sometimes that we don't even understand and I have to admit, I don't understand this. I know God has a plan but I don't see it yet. Yuri and I talked about how if our friendship is as deep as we have made it, then the distance will not change this. Hickory is a little over an hour for us and an hour for them. We can maintain this friendship and still enjoy the blessings of what God brought together. We will miss them more than any words will express but we will not let this be good-bye.
To Jon, Yuri, Mckinley, Seth and Wilson

Just wanted you to know
How special you really are
A friend I’ve relied upon
And hold dear to my heart
May God bless your day
In whatever you may do
And wherever you may be, my friend
I will say a prayer for you.
I'd like to think that we
Remain as friends for life
No matter what we go through
May our friendship never die
For true friends stick together
Whatever comes their way
And through it all, the friendship grows
Becoming stronger each new day.
God has brought you
across our path
That we may become friends
Kindred spirits
Knitted together
In Christ until the end.

John 15: 12-14 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

2 comments:

  1. Brian told me while back ago about the Brown's leaving or considering...I couldn't believe it either! I'm gonna miss calling them the "brown boys"! And anytime you want my kids over so you don't have to keep looking at their picture, you just let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, GREAT JOB on your weight loss!

    I am too sad to comment on the Browns move!

    ReplyDelete