Friday, February 20, 2009

One Sports Season Ends, Another Begins

February 20, 2009

I have not found much time this week to post until today. It has been a relaxing Friday at work for the most part. There have been a few things to get done and now I am finished for the day. I want to start out by saying that my blog has been a little under the weather. I've had the most difficult time adding a background, a problem that I've not experienced before and hope never to again. I also seem to have lost the ability to put music back to my blog but I am working on it. I do most of my blogging at work during lunch or down time so maybe my company has placed a "blogging block" on my computer (haha). I am not the most computer literate individual so it may all be operator error. Hopefully all the kinks will work themselves out.

It has been a busy week with lots of different events. The Varsity Girls found themselves in the State Championship game and last night at Oak Level, the girls ended their journey to the State Title. We were defeated by Cramerton but not without a fight. Our girls played great and their hearts were truly in the game, but the ball just did not always cooperate with the basket. We took a lot of shots but we missed some as well. The girls did great defensively with few errors and I was almost in tears at one point in the game. Rachael twisted her ankle on the 7th of February at the CCC tournament (which we won) and has been on crutches. She wanted to play in the State games so bad that she threw her crutches down at the beginning of this week. Jimmy and I noticed her limping and placing most of her weight on her good leg each day and questioned whether or not she would be able to play last night. I called the doctor yesterday and he approved for her to play in a limited amount of time. He stressed that the ankle needed to be taped well and an ankle brace worn at all times during the game. When we arrived at the gym last night, we watched our daughter warm up with the other girls and observed some of the grimaces upon her face when she would jump or run. She played well and she played the majority of the game. We were proud, not because she played well, not even because she played, but because she had such a determination and a desire to be a part of the team. It takes all of them to make a team and they all played a great game last night. I'm proud to be a Patriot Fan and I am proud to be a parent of a Patriot player. I told Rachael at bedtime last night that I was very proud of her and my prayer is that she use that same determination and desire to serve God for the rest of her life. She has asked me to pray for several of her friends this week and told me last night that God has shown her this week how truly blessed she is to have parents who love each other and love the Lord. She sees friends struggling from broken homes and parents who are not serving God. She saw firsthand the struggles of unsaved parents and knows what the Lord delivered us from.

Basketball season has ended and softball season begins. They have already started softball practice and Rachael is excited about playing this year. I love to watch the girls play softball so I will transition to the next sport and get my outdoor chair ready for travel. This also means that Spring is nearby and I am more than ready to welcome its arrival. Our school will also have a girls soccer team this year and I look forward to seeing what this team will do as well. Rachael was torn between playing soccer or softball but her love of softball won her over. She has played community softball since she was old enough to swing a bat (t-ball days) and transitioned over to Union Grove Softball in the 7th grade. I look forward to the games.

I have not posted on my weight but I did weigh in on Wednesday as usual and lost another 1.0 lb. Just one pound but still losing. I enjoyed my Valentines Day dinner as well as a Sunday night run to Mellow Mushroom so I was pleased with my 1 pound loss. I hope to do better this coming week and press forward to the final goal. I am 4 months into the journey and each day has become easier for me to make better choices and cook healthier for my family. It definitely requires a life time change.

I am leaving a little early today to pick Rachael up and take her to the State play-off game. She wants to see the final games. I have the RU daycare tonight so I am rushing from the game over to church later. Jimmy is showing the movie, FireProof tonight and we are expecting a large crowd. We might just meet our 51 goal! Lets pray for 51!

2 comments:

  1. I like your new fancy background.
    Your weight loss is noticeable to me. I sometimes have to take a double look to make sure its you! Good job!
    Hope RU meets its goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job continuing on your lifestyle journey. You look wonderful!

    Claire and I enjoy watching Rae Rae play ball.

    I look forward to hearing a good report from RU.

    ReplyDelete