Monday, February 23, 2009

Today is a New Day.

February 23, 2009



Today is Monday, February 23, 2009 and today is a new day. As I finished my devotions this morning and prepared for my day, I reminded myself of Psalm 118:24. This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Sometimes, I don't always feel like rejoicing and this past weekend was one of those times. I allowed so many other things to change my attitude this weekend and really became a pessimist rather than an optimist.

There are times when we allow the stress of the world to overwhelm us and we lose site of the true purpose and plan for our lives. We become overwhelmed with what the world lays upon our shoulders than simply listening to God. I don't pretend to have all the answers and when others call me for advice, I tell them, you are talking to someone who needs to point the finger back at themselves. I cannot mend brokenness. I cannot supply all your needs. I cannot comfort you the way you desire to be comforted but I know the one who can. Jesus Christ is the mender of broken hearts, he is the one who can supply all your needs and he is the greatest comforter I know. When we fall, he picks us up, he dust us off, and he opens his arms to receive us in all our pain. He is the great physician, the healer of pain. And all he requires is that we come to him, repent of our sins, and ask him to come into our hearts. If we come to him in true faith, he will begin a transformation in us that can only be described as miraculous. And he will be there for us when no one else can, he will love us when we don't feel lovable, and he will lead, guide, and direct us if we will listen.

Understand, I am not preaching to anyone. This is solely from my own experience. I have met discouragement this weekend and I did not handle discouragement very well. I did not encourage as I should have, I did not comfort the way the Lord wanted me to. I met it instead with worry, anger, and tears. I prayed for forgiveness from God and those I sinned against. I turn to the one whom I can give these things to-my Lord, Jesus Christ. So I this day will say: This is the day which the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad God forgives. He has to work extra hard on me.

    I do not deserve His love and forgiveness but I am glad He does it anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and I am so very happy that He does forgive!! Even though we are far from deserving!! It's a NEW DAY and LET'S REJOICE! Thanks for the encouragment

    ReplyDelete