Thursday, March 5, 2009

Late but still here!

March 05, 2009

Sorry it has taken me so long to post. Once again I am failing miserably at blogging. I have good intentions but that is about as far as I get. I'll start off with letting everyone know my weight loss for last week's weigh-in. I lost 2.6 lbs and yesterday when I arrived at weigh in, I had gained 1.6 pounds. So for the 2 week period, I lost 1 pound. Not a lot and I'm not overly excited about just losing the 1 pound for 2 weeks but I am trudging through the "mental block" I have in my head and moving forward for this next week. I am back on track and I literally mean, "back on track". In WW, one of the key points is to "track". You must track your points daily. This past week I did not do so well on tracking. I was not eating bad foods, I simply did not track my points and therefore, I over indulged in my points allowance. On the same WW note, I've had several people ask me about my cooking while on WW. Several of our church members have inquired as to what I am eating and how I come up with the different recipes that I fix. I actually belong to the WW e-tools, therefore, I get access to the online material which includes recipes, food shopping tips, and recipe builders. You can enter any recipe you may have at home and the recipe builder will give you helpful low fat substitutions that will decrease the calories and fat in the recipe. It will also tell you what the new point value is for the new reduced WW recipe version. I absolutely love this tool. I realize that not everyone belongs to WW and that's okay. I just want to be able to share the things that I've learned along the way in my family's journey to better health. So, with that said, I have decided that each week I will post a recipe from my own WW cookbook. Feel free to input any suggestions.

Creamy Stuffed Chicken Breast
4 skinless boneless chicken breast
1 package 8 oz peppridge farm chicken stuffing mix
10 oz of fresh steamed broccoli chopped
1 cans of fat free cream of chicken soup condensed
1/2 cup of 1 % milk
4 tbsp of reduced fat Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp of paprika
1/4 c of water for stuffing
1 tbsp salt
tbsp black pepper
Directions: Beat chicken breast flat. In bowl, mix dry stuffing mix, 1/4 c water, and steamed
chopped broccoli. Add 2 heaping tablespoons of stuffing/broccoli mixture to each chicken
breast and roll chicken breast up and place chicken in 9 x 13 in casserole dish with seam side
of chicken down in casserole dish. In same bowl, mix can of fat free cream of chicken soup and
1/2 cup of 1% milk. Stir well and pour over chicken. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and paprika
over top of chicken. Add salt & pepper. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Serves 4
For anyone on WW, each serving is 6 points.
This is a great recipe and everyone in my family loves this. I serve it with mashed potatoes and something green (ex..salad, green beans). Pillsbury now makes the reduced fat crescent rolls and one roll is 2 points. I make my mashed potatoes using the red potatoes, skim milk or 1% milk and country crock light margarine. Each 1/2 cup serving is 2 points.
Hope you enjoy and look forward to hearing if anyone makes this a family favorite.

2 comments:

  1. Angie has fixed this for me and it is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie~
    My mom and Jason's mom made this for Sunday lunch 2 weeks ago and it was delicious. Jason even said so. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to many more recipes.

    ReplyDelete