Thursday, March 26, 2009

All the updates and News!

March 26, 2009

Wanted to give an update on Kaden. He remains in the NIC unit but is progressively getting stronger. He is nursing now with breast milk that Katelyn is pumping and they are giving it to him through a syringe. He is breathing much better and is now completely off any assistance in breathing. They have taken the feeding tube out today and are going to try allowing her to breast feed him this evening. He is still not completely able to leave the unit so they are going to keep him in the NIC unit again tonight and see how well he continues to progress. Pray that he will continue to gain strength so that he may come out of the NIC Unit and come home.

Katelyn is being discharged today but they are going to give her a parent room near the NIC unit so she can breast feed Kaden. She does not want to leave him and I cannot blame her for feeling this way.

I'll continue with other updates and news. I lost 1.6 lbs yesterday and hit a milestone. I have lost a total of 50.2 lbs now and I received another symbol for my key chain. It is a barbell weight and is has the number 50 on it. I will look at it each morning to remind me of how far I've come in my journey. I have 32 lbs more that I want to lose so please continue to pray for strength for me. I am more than 1/2 way there.

Here is the recipe for this week. I have made this on several occasions and my family loves it.

Crusted Honey Mustard Chicken
1 spray cooking spray
2/3 cup lite honey mustard dressing
1/8 tsp table salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
2 tsp fresh chopped dill
1 medium scallion finely sliced
1 cup of cornflake crumbs (crushed fine)
1 pound of uncooked boneless chicken breast 4-4oz pieces.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a shallow pan with cooking spray. (I like to use my stoneware for this recipe)
In a small bowl, combine honey mustard dressing, salt, pepper, dill, and scallions. Remove 1/3 cup and set aside.
Place cornflake crumbs in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken into dressing mixture and then cornflake crumbs; place in prepared pan.
Bake until chicken is golden and no longer pink in center. (approx. 20 minutes).
Drizzle remaining 1/3 cup of dressing that was set aside over chicken breasts and serve.
I serve mashed potatoes (using 1% milk, red potatoes, and light margarine) and green peas with our meal. If you must have bread (like my husband) there are reduced fat crescent rolls or reduced fat biscuits that you can make.
WW points for chicken is 7 per serving.
Renee, I wanted to let you know I found a low fat version of the cinnamon cream cheese dessert you made for our trip. Here is the low fat version:
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Dessert
16 oz or 2 tubes of reduced fat crescent rolls
16 oz or 2 containers of fat free cream cheese softened
3/4 cup of splenda
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg yolk (keep the white)
spray butter
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp of splenda
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Press one roll of reduced fat crescent rolls into 9 x 13 pan sprayed with Pam cooking spray.
Mix egg yolk, cream cheese, splenda, and vanilla. Pour over rolls.
Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cinnamon across mixture.
In bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of splenda. Place remaining crescent roll on top of mixture. Brush top with beaten egg white. Lightly spray with spray butter. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon/splenda mixture on top.
Bake 30 minutes. Makes 15 servings. WW points: 2 pts per serving.
Option: Another way to add some more flavor; after pouring cream cheese mixture on top of first layer of crescent rolls, dump one can of sugar free cherry pie filling. This will add 1 pt to your serving for a total of 3 pts per serving.
I am going to blog on Yuri's beach trip with the girls and post some pictures so I'll be blogging again tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. way to go Angie. I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl. You look great. We will not be able to find you if you lose another 30 lbs.

    Glad Kaden is doing well. We are still praying for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Diane, that is so encouraging to me! Thank you for praying for Kaden. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sharon. I'm proud of you too! You look great! Thanks for being my running partner at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie, I am so proud of you! Thanks for the awesome recipes!

    ReplyDelete