Wednesday, March 11, 2009

How is Failure Measured?

March 11, 2009

I don't have much time so I am going to make this one quick. Weigh in today was awesome! I lost 6.8 pounds. I was astounded but very thankful. God is Good! I tracked this week, exercised, and stayed on course. The most crucial part of my week was last Wednesday when I left weigh in. I was very discouraged because I had gained and the pessimistic side of me (the little negative voice that makes it appearance every now and then) said, "you are a failure at this." But as I was driving down the road that same day, I heard a discussion on WBFJ radio that got my attention. They were speaking on the topic of successes and failures in life and how we judge them as individuals. A man called in and I will forever remember his words. He said, "I don't judge my failures by the amount of times I fall, but the amount of times I do not get back up." This spoke volumes to me. Its so amazing how God knows exactly what we need and when we need it. He gave me the words when they were needed most to encourage me and to lift me up. What an Awesome God we serve!

3 comments:

  1. 6.8 lbs! Wow! your discouragement last week must have turned into determination this week. I am proud of you for not giving up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather and Andrea. Please continue to pray for me to stay faithful!

    ReplyDelete