Friday, July 3, 2009

OUR DAY AT CAROWINDS

JULY 3, 2009



On Tuesday of this week, Rachael and I spent the day at Carowinds with some friends. Lynn Garrow and her daughters, Breanna & Marissa, myself, Rachael and Leann Berrier attempted to ride every roller coaster at the Park. We never made it to Thunderoad but conquered all of the remaining coasters. I was a one-time rider but Lynn and the girls rode some of the roller coasters multiple times.



I have come to the conclusion that as we (I) age, so does my ability to handle fast rides. I enjoy them and want to ride all of them, but my stomach and body do not always cooperate with what my mind wants to do. I did enjoy the day and loved watching the girls have fun.



Me, Breanna, Leann, Rachael, Marissa, Lynn

Our first roller coaster of the day, the NIGHTHAWK. You are inverted into a lying position to ride this coaster and it is one of my favorites.

After the ride. "WOW"

We found the Whitewater Rapids fun too!

Me and Marissa ended up getting soaked on this ride!

The girls loved going through Nick Town!

After passing through Nickelodeon area, we headed for Carolina Cobra, the newest Roller coaster at Carowinds.



This roller coaster was definitely on their "ride again list!"


Rachael and Mom on the GoldRush!

Lynn rode the Drop Zone with the Girls. This is where I bow out graciously!

Lynn, Rachael, and Marissa wanted to ride the Slingshot. This is a "bungee cord ride" that you pay extra to do and only the hardest of stomachs can take this one. Lynn, Marissa, and Rachael had no fear and were the first ones to volunteer to ride everything!



Rachael, Lynn, and Marissa getting ready to go up. Rachael was given the task of pulling the cord!


Too High For Me! I was at the bottom praying for their safety!

And down they came!


We moved on to another great water ride and I have some "before the ride" pictures...





and "after the ride" pictures!





Don't stand in this area after the ride! You will get wet..ter!

Drying out with "Blues Clue"

Moving on to the Star Ship!

One of the last rides, Top Gun!

It was a wonderful day with friends at Carowinds and unfortunately I awakened later that night with a virus that lingered for a couple of days. I am feeling much better today and looking forward to the weekend with family.

3 comments:

  1. Girl Trip...yeah!!! looks like you all had fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are braver than me. I cannot handle roller coasters at all. Looks like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can handle any ride that does not go around and around and around...it makes me sick. i absolutely LOVE the "sling shot"!!!! i rode this one year somewhere else, i can't remember, and i had the BEST time doing it. brian thought i was crazy, but it was a blast!!! looks like you all had so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete