Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Its been way too long

October 21, 2008
Hello and I might add its been awhile. I definitely have fallen down on this "trying to be faithful to blog each day." I have not done well at all but I will try to do better. Lots of different events have occurred since I last blogged and I'll try and cover a little of each in as much of a condensed version that I can. First of all, I went to see FireProof. Oh my goodness, I recommend this movie to all couples. It is AWESOME! I loved this movie and would definitely go see it again. Yes, I will buy it if it comes out on DVD. The movie has such a powerful message and speaks directly to trials that any marriage can go through. I was so moved by the message and the actors. Work has been really hectic lately, so I have been busy taking care of many things. I did get over my cold, well actually it turned into a nasty sinus infection but I got medicine and I am doing much better now. ("Thank you LORD") The varsity volleyball team did win their CCC conference game and are the CCC champs. The last time we held this title was back in 2004 so the girls were very excited to win. They are now going to the State Championship and I pray they are "GAME ON." Rachael is excited and she was so glad to be a part of the Varsity Team. She has played well this year and we are proud of her accomplishments. She has been in the Lexington Dispatch several times and one of my best friends have told me that I need to video tape her because she could very well be good enough for a scholarship to college. That would be awesome if God so desires. Financially, that would also lift a burden for me and Jimmy. This will be a matter of prayer over the next few years. I went for my first weigh in with weight watchers and lost 4.2 lbs. I was very excited and my coach was tickled. She kept praising my accomplishment in the meeting which gave me the incentive to keep it up. I really want to get healthy and stay healthy. Jimmy and I went to the beach with some really good friends and I must say, it was a wonderful time of fellowship. I know without a doubt, that God orchestrated this trip with exactly the right people in mind. We had such a good time of fun and laughter. Proverbs 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine; but a broken spirit drieth the bones. I can tell you that even on the way home, I was able to share some real burdens that Jimmy and I have with good friends and get the encouragement that I needed. I know that our friends will pray for us and prayer is what is needed. I will not go into the burdens that we have out of respect for the privacy of our children. I will tell you that as much as we love them, we also weep for them. Every parent sees the deeds of their children as a reflection upon them, and Jimmy and I are no different. We have made mistakes in the past and God has forgiven us. We did not set the consistent examples that our older children needed growing up but we are praying that they see Christ through us now. There are going to be some hard consequences for one of them coming up and I just pray that God gives them comfort. Jimmy and I want so desperately just to jump in and rescue them, but that is not where God is leading us. God has clearly given us the direction and part of being a parent is allowing the child to reap the consequences of their actions. I can tell you, its very hard. Jimmy and I have struggled each day and our hearts are very heavy. Pray for us because God already knows the situation and he already has the answer. He is in control. We are busy this week and Rachael got her report card today. She called me on the way to a volleyball game in Fayetteville and told me she had 4 A's and 3 B's. I told her that we are very proud of her and that she is doing a great job. Rachael is smart and she can do very well in her studies. She gets lazy sometimes and we have to push her at times to do her best but we are well pleased with her grades. We always ask her if she has done her best. We ask her to search her heart before she answers and if she has done her best, then that is all that we require. She also got a call last night from the North Davidson Library that she had won a MP3 player. Yuri, the boys, and Rachael went to the library last week and entered into a drawing. Rachael got a call last night that she had won and they want her to come pick her MP3 player up and have her picture taken. She was excited last night when she got the call and I was excited for her. The weekend is going to be filled with the State tournament if they win but I don't mind too much because the weather is supposed to be rainy. You cannot get a lot accomplished on the outside when it rains. I usually try and work in the house and get some things done. I had better get off this blog and start supper. Next time, I'll try and blog sooner.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! i look forward to hearing how that goes.
    Also thank you for thinking of Isaac. Missed reading your blog this week. It's hard to keep up with writing as much as you'd like.

    ReplyDelete