Thursday, October 9, 2008

October 9, 2008
Today is a good day to blog. The weather outside is cloudy, drizzling rain, and pretty much an inside day for work. I went out earlier this morning and got some things done and came back in for lunch about the time the rain began to fall. We went to the fair last night and the concert was wonderful. Mandisa and Matthew West did an awesome job. The weather was "blah" but the worship was AMAZING! Mandisa did all of my favorite songs and did a wonderful version of Amazing Grace. I would love to have her sing at my funeral (if any of you out there in blogging land have connections). Matthew West was great and he too performed a lot of our favorite songs including, Only Grace, You Are Everything, Next Thing You Know, and Something to Say. He also performed a song that is on his latest album release called The Motions. I really love this song. He speaks of the same discussion I had with my teen girls at my table in youth last week. Our relationship with Christ should be more than just the motions. The words say:

This might hurt, it's not safe But I know that I've gotta make a change. I don't care if I break, At least I'll be feeling something' Cause just okay is not enough . Help me fight through the nothingness of life I don't wanna go through the motions I don't wanna go one more day without Your all consuming passion inside of me. I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,"What if I had given everything, instead of going through the motions?" No regrets, not this time. I'm gonna let my heart defeat my mind. Let Your love make me whole. I think I'm finally feeling something' Cause just okay is not enough Help me fight through the nothingness of this life' Cause I don't wanna go through the motions I don't wanna go one more day without Your all consuming passion inside of me. I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,"What if I had given everything, instead of going through the motions?" take me all the way (take me all the way)take me all the way ('cause I don't wanna go through the motions) take me all the way (I know I'm finally feeling something real) take me all the way I don't wanna go through the motions. I don't wanna go one more day without Your all consuming passion inside of me. I don't wanna spend my whole life asking, "What if I had given everything,instead of going through the motions?" I don't wanna go through the motions I don't wanna go one more day without Your all consuming passion inside of me. I don't wanna spend my whole life asking, "What if I had given everything, instead of going through the motions?" take me all the way (take me all the way) take me all the way (I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go) take me all the way (through the motions) take me all the way I don't wanna go through the motions.

There is so much truth in this song. We can get so consumed with our everyday lives and forget what our daily lives should be about. We should be doing God's work here on this earth while we still have the time in which to do so. I am guilty of this myself and I have opportunities and chances to witness to others and sometimes I walk away knowing that the Holy Spirit could have used me for a witness.

The kids seem to have a good time last night and enjoyed the rides. They rode even in the drizzle of the rain which was not that bad. Rachael and a few others got on this ride called Top Spin. This ride is unbelievable and my little daring, adventurous child stepped right up and got on this thing. It spins you over and over while the whole ride spins over as well. You have to see it to understand it but I know I would have to be knocked unconscious before I ever got on it. My crazy husband rode this thing last year with my sister and said he would never get back on it. Last night, I told him that Rachael rode it twice and he was said, "Your kidding, she got on that ride!" He could not believe that she rode it not once but twice. They enjoyed the concert as well and we had to make them leave the fair by 10:00pm so we could get them all home and in the bed for school today. Rachael got her first detention yesterday ever. She was humming in class. Yes, my child was humming. She has gotten into a really bad habit of humming and we are trying to break her of this habit. She hums when she eats, does her hair, brushes her teeth, and even when she does her homework. She saids she is not aware that she is doing it but we told her last night that it must stop. The humming is disruptive which is what the detention was written up for and Jimmy and I have explained to her that this is her one and only warning. She is serving her detention after school today so I am sure I will hear all about it when I pick her up from school. She will have to face the music with her volleyball coach as well because her detention time is also pulling her away from her vollyeball practice.
I still have my nasty cold and I asked Jimmy to make his wonderful chicken stew tonight because I love to have something hot on my scratchy throat. I can't seem to taste much of anything else and I am watching my points. I weighed in on the weight watchers and I go back next Wed. for my meeting. I'll blog my weight loss number (not my weight). If I lose, I'll post it and if I gain, I'll post it. Lets pray that there will be more losses than gains unlike all the people praying for the stock market. HaHa. Must go and get busy with more work.

1 comment:

  1. My mom says I always had a humming problem that I wasn't aware of. Now Eli does it all the time subconsciously too. It drives me crazy!!!!!
    I woke up with a scratchy throat too. Chicken Stew sounds good!

    ReplyDelete