Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Still going Strong!

October 22, 2008
This morning I went for my second weigh in with Weight Watchers and I was down another 2 lbs. This makes my total weight loss for 2 weeks to 6.2 pounds. I was a little discouraged that it was only 2 lbs and my coach (Susan) fussed at me. She said, "how in the world can you be so hard on yourself, you have lost 2 lbs." She then proceeded to tell me that I am never to feel bad again about losing or gaining but that part of my journey is to learn to accept the successes as well as the failures and to get back up on my feet and continue the journey. I can be quiet hard on myself and I think some of this came from childhood. I worked so hard to please my parents and to attempt to gain their attention. It took 40+ years of my life to realize that getting their approval is not going to make them love me. I had to come to the realization that God loves me and no matter what I do or don't do, HE STILL LOVES ME! I also told Susan that I had gone to the beach and eat out at 6 different restaurants and ate "cow patties" and brownies. She laughed and asked me if I enjoyed myself and I responded with a Big YEAH! She then looked at me and said, "its in the past, forgiven and now lets move on." She has a way of making me really look at my accomplishments as a success and not a failure. I am walking a mile now each evening on the treadmill. I walked outside yesterday evening just to get a change of scenery and I walked about 2 miles. It was a little chilly but I enjoyed it. Jimmy went down to the prison where he does his prison ministry on Tuesday night so I called one of my neighbors and we went walking down around her neighborhood. It circles around and has hills so you get a good workout. The volleyball team went to the state playoffs in Fayetteville and lost. Rachael called me yesterday evening and said they played real well the first game but did not play as well the next 3 games. She said it seemed as if everyone just ran out of energy and never regained the will to play. This means they will not play this weekend so I will probably take her out to get her new cell phone. Her contract is up on her old one and she desperately wants a new one. Jimmy and I reward her for her good grades so I will take her and let her pick out a new one and renew her contract. I am going to try and not "indulge" any this week and see what I lose next Wednesday. I am really starting to push myself and I purchased a weight watchers cookbook today that has some really nice recipes in it. I am looking forward to trying some of them. Tonight is church night and we are doing spiritual themes in the gym for the teens. I have got some presents I am going to put on the table and some small gifts for my girls. I love Wednesday nights and I love seeing my young ladies. I love seeing all the teens. They are such a blessing to me and I hope that I am a blessing to them. I see so much potential in so many of them and I pray that God uses everyone of them glorify his kingdom. I found a piece of paper on the ground today that looked like a paper out of a fortune cookie so I picked it up and it read, "you will soon be perfect." I cracked up. The first thought I had was, "I had better up my insurance because I have to die to be perfect." I'm glad I don't believe in fortune cookies or I might be making my funeral arrangements. All joking aside, when the Lord sees fit to call me home, I'm ready. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to hurry him up, but I look forward to seeing my heavenly father as well as my earthly father, grandmother, grandfather, and aunt. It will be a wonderful reunion. I must go now and get ready for tonight. Just wanted to update and post my weight loss. This blogging helps me to stay focused and on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment