Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Where did this energy come from?

October 29, 2008 I am on the fast track these days with bundles of energy. I attended my weigh in this morning at Weight Watchers and I have lost another 5.2 lbs. Yeah! I cannot believe I lost 5.2 lbs in one week which now brings my total weight loss to 11.4 pounds. I am gaining energy with each week and I am staying busy at home. Sometimes I don't know where the energy has come from but I pray it does not go away. I love my coach. She always ends our meeting with "belly be gone", and "bye bye thunder thighs." She is a wonderful older mentor. I do not know if she is saved or not and I am gradually introducing my faith to the group as the Lord lays upon my heart. In our meeting today, Susan (coach) asked me to share with the group what I had done this past week to lose the weight. I told them that I was planning meals that were healthy and exercising. I am walking up to 1.5 miles a day now and I told them that during my last 10 minutes of brisk walking that I would say over and over out loud, "I can do all things through Christ which strenghteneth me." Phil. 4:13 This is my adopted motivational verse in my journey toward weight loss. I know that God is in this and he desires for me to be healthy both physically and spiritually. My WOL devotions this morning was out of the book of Mark, Chapter 1:36-45. Jesus had great compassion on a man with leprosy and healed him but Jesus was seemed almost irritated by the fact that there was so much sickness and diseases (verse 43) and that God was so powerful that he could have changed all this but he then tells the man not to go and tell of the healing but to be right unto the Lord and have a testimony to show. The man did not do as Jesus had asked of him. I think about how self serving I can be just as this man was. We want Jesus to move on our behalf but do we desire to serve him in the same matter? No wonder he can be frustrated with us. But he shows us such great compassion. He loves us beyond what we can imagine. I got a text this morning that Jeremy and Tiffany are proud parents of Caleb Joshua Pollard. I am so excited for them and the picture of the baby is precious. I don't know if Jeremy will be there tonight or if he will stay with Tiffany. I am going to miss them so much. I really hope they visit us often. I have snacks tonight for WOL and we are doing sandwiches, chips, and cake. Stephanie Odell is helping me out and I appreciate it greatly. It is a lot for one person to take care of. I am saving money. I made the cakes myself and found some good deals on cake mixes and frosting. I have some pumpkin stuff to put on my table for our pumpkin theme. I spoke with my sister, Lynn today and she started crying on the phone. She is struggling with some things after my dad's death and I am praying with her. I always let her know I am praying for her. I know that I actually took some of the anger that I had towards my father and placed them on my mother. After my dad's death, I noticed that I was angry with my mother and God showed me that the only reason I was angry was that nothing really had changed from my father's death. I guess I thought that through his death, there might be some changes in the relationships of our family but I realized that if people are still in darkness, there can be no change. Christ is the only one who changes us on the inside and from that change we strive to be Christ-like. I am so far from it but I press on each day. My greatest prayer answered would be that my family (mother, sisters, brother) would all be believers in Christ and living our lives for him. My brother and I are the only ones that are serving the Lord and we are both saved. My sister, Lynn is saved but she does not attend a church. She has a place at the beach and the people beside her are Christians that were members of Union Grove. They have invited her to attend the church down at the beach with them and I pray that she will go and introduce her son, Tyler to Jesus. My brother and his wife both serve in their Church in Jupiter, Florida and they both work at the Jupiter Christian School. They have 3 boys: Luke, Isaac, and Caleb. They are handsome boys and I love them dearly. Janine is a wonderful sister-in-law. The best you could ask for. She is so giving and is not at all selfish. She always puts others in front of herself and she gives more than she ever gets. She loves the Lord and it is so evident in her life. I have more things to do and must get busy. Pray for my sister and pray for me.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the weight loss! I need to join you. I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete