Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Its that time of Year!

October 07, 2008.
Well, It's that time of year. You know, the time when the season changes and us allergy sufferers endure our first allergy cold of the season. I woke up on Sunday morning feeling as though my eyes were matted together and had that "blah" feeling. I climbed out of bed, my feet stood still, but the room was spinning. I took my shower and felt somewhat better so I prepared myself for church and Jimmy, Rachael and myself went to services. We had a very good Sunday school lesson. Jack Holt taught on the dangers of being led away by false teachers and how we as Christians should avoid these wolves in sheep clothing. I had nursery duty for the 11:00 am hour so I was not able to hear much of Pastor's message. I did see them do a memorial dedication to the members that had died in 2007 and my father's name was read and his surviving children were named. Jimmy accepted the carnation from the church and as I looked at the television monitor from the nursery, I began to cry. It was all so real that it had been 5 months to the day that my father died. I am thankful that the church recognized him during this special homecoming day and I will forever be grateful to my pastor and his wife. We came home and ate a light lunch and I started to cook for our homecoming celebration at 5:00 pm. The longer I stood in the kitchen, the worse I began to feel until finally I told Jimmy I just could not go back to church. I had a horrible headache that was followed by feelings of nausea. I went to bed and awakened about 6:30 pm. Jimmy and Rachael had stayed home also and I think we were all pretty exhausted. Rachael slept until around 7:30 pm and I made her get up and start her homework. I went back to bed and on Monday morning called into work and told them I was taking the day off due to my sickness. I slept most of the day and Yuri called a Sunday night and Monday to check on me. She is such a good friend to me and I love her dearly. God has enlightened me a lot of what defines Christian friendships. We are to uplift, encourage, and hold each other accountable as Christians. We are to bear each other's burdens and pray for one another. I hope that I am a good Christian friend to others. I fall short sometimes and don't always remember to call or send a card but the amount of love that I have for my friends is always in my prayers and thoughts. Rachael has a volleyball game today and the tournament is this weekend. We are going to Pastor's house tonight to enjoy some crab cakes and shrimp. Kim's Aunt is in for a visit and we all get together and enjoy her cooking. She loves to cook and is very good at it. Jimmy, myself and some other friends are going to see the movie, Fire Proof this weekend and I am looking forward to it. I have heard that every married couple should see this movie. The big news in my life right now is that starting tomorrow morning, I will be joining Weight Watchers. Yes, I have to do something about my weight so anyone reading my blogs, please keep me in your prayers. Pray that I will keep the strength to change my habits to healthy eating habits and that the LORD will provide all the nourishment that I need through his word and not through my own devices (food). Food seems to be my outlet for all my emotions, whether I am happy, sad, excited, bored, or just lazy. I love to eat good food that is not good for me. I know that I can do this. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. This is the verse which I will adopt as my verse to give me strength through this journey. Jimmy is going to do this with me and we are going to walk together and on the treadmill at home. A friend of mine at work, Wanda Holt, has been a big encouragement to me and is the one who finally just asked me to set a date to start. I need others to push me and encourage me. My middle sister, Lynn has just recently had some knee surgery done and I have been calling her to find out how she is doing but I have not spoken with her in about 4 days. This is normally too long for her and I not to speak. Growing up, we were probably the closest 2 out of the family. I looked up to her for everything. She is my "big sis" and always took care of me. We have been through some pretty tough times together and lean on each other for support. I don't know that she will ever realize how important she is to me. I pray for her and her family and she has shown tremendous strength throughout her life in dealing with some huge obstacles. She has won victory over some very bad things in her life and for that I am very proud of her. She knows the LORD and he is her strength. She has some beautiful children and grandchildren. Yes, she is a grandma and proud of it. Her youngest daughter, Katie is expecting a baby now and Lynn is handling this latest news well. As a parent, you choose to love them unconditionally just as Christ loves us unconditionally. She has great resolve in her life and she is the rock of her family. I love her bunches. Well, I must go and run some errands. I have got to get some things and work doesn't stop for anyone. I'll try and blog again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are feeling better. My mother in law has always done the best dieting with weight watchers and able to keep it off! Good luck and keep us up to date on how thats going.

    ReplyDelete