Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I DID IT!

January 14, 2009

Today was weigh in day and I cannot begin to tell you the celebration that took place when I stepped on the scales and was told I had lost 6 pounds this past week. I lost the 4 lbs I had gained and lost an additional 2 lbs. Susan was thrilled and we did a "high five" as she read the numbers. I have lost 33.2 lbs total now and just want to continue to be obedient to what the Lord is leading me to do. I know without a doubt that God is in this. He has shown his faithfulness to me in so many different ways in this journey. He has opened doors that needed to be opened and he has taught me many valuable lessons. He has heard my prayers and the prayers of others (thank you very much to all who are praying for me), and he continues to amaze me. I had prayed last night as I was walking on the treadmill, "Lord, I need your strength to continue this journey and only through you can I desire to make this happen." I truly mean every word of this. I know that without God, I cannot do this. I cannot do this in my own flesh.
I was not expecting a loss of 6 pounds but was very thankful that God was so good to me. I worked hard this past week making sure that I was making good food choices and walking on the treadmill. FYI: Andrea has told me that if she looks through the woods over the hillside that she can view the top of our house. Andrea, if you look closely in the evenings, you may see a figurine in the dormer window at top with her arms flailing around and head bobbing. That would be me on the treadmill trying to make my 45 minute to 1 hour walk. Its hard work but worth every pound.

This week has been busy and last night we went to Rachael's ballgame at Union Grove. All teams won except for the JV boys. They took a loss but played a good game. This week is spirit week at school and today was "tacky day." Rachael was what I would classify as semi-tacky but not too tacky. At least that's what she said. Tacky day is not her favorite. I told her to get some good pictures and I would post them next week.

Jimmy is doing well and still losing. I believe he has lost the pounds he put on while we were away on vacation to so I look forward to giving him some competition this upcoming week. We watched the Biggest Loser last night and my heart sank when Jerry fell below the yellow line and put up for eviction. He is a 63 year old grandfather and weighed in at 369 pounds. He passed out while on the treadmill in the first episode and was evicted last night from the Biggest Loser. I cried because it was so sad to see him go but also to listen to how humbled he was about leaving and how much he was at peace with it. He has since lost 83 pounds and looks great. He is going to try and lose a total of 160 pounds by finale so I cannot wait to see him.

Homecoming at Union Grove is Friday and I have the RU daycare so I am going to take the kids over to the gym. They will enjoy watching the games. I work in the concessions when they need me but will not be able to help out this Friday due to daycare. That concessions can be a big temptation. I have learned that I must be prepared to work concessions or I will give in to temptations of cheese sticks, (they are so good), or french fries. What I have learned is to go by Subway and get a 6" sub and baked BBQ lays chips. I eat this for my dinner and it keeps me from wanting to eat from concessions. I know it doesn't support the booster club, but I do buy my drinks from the concessions. I need to get back to work so I will post again soon. Just wanted to give my Wednesday weigh in update.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah for Angie!!!!
    I love the fact that you didn't let last week get you discouraged.Thats what is going to make you succeed at this! I have a friend who has now lost 85 lbs. in 9 months. She said the first 20-30 was the hardest and now it just keeps coming off.
    I'll miss you and the kids Friday night:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations...you look GREAT! And I'm going to keep my eyes open for a shadow through the woods, ha! It can be a family event for us, I'll pop us all some popcorn : )!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!!! I am sooooo proud of you. Great Job!

    I have gotten in to the Biggest Loser this season for the first time. I have been very inspired and I look forward to getting started myself after I return from the beach this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, I know you are so excited. I know your dedication is paying off, but is also encouraging to others that need to lose a few (or many) pounds. I know I have put on a few pouns myself since the beginning of the year. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete