Thursday, January 22, 2009

Some changes can be good!

January 22, 2009


Yesterday was weigh in day and I apologize for not getting my post done. It was an extremely busy day and I got involved in doing some things that helped me to get a lot of my work load down. I am leaving this Friday with the teens on the ski trip and wanted my desk to be free of paperwork (yeah, right). I will have it manageable though so hopefully no one will be asked to do anything beyond their work.


I weighed in and lost another 1.5 lbs. This brings my total to 34.7 lbs. I am so close to 35 lbs and my next 10% goal. Hopefully I will make this one next week. I did not have a big number like last week but that tends to be my trend. High number one week, low number the next. That's fine with me as long as it remains a negative number. I am committed to this weight loss no matter how long it takes. I've had several people ask me, "how much weight do you want to lose?" The answer: 86 lbs. Yes, that's a lot of weight and a long journey but again, I am committed to making this happen. I look at it each week as another pound closer to obtaining the victory. I am so close to the half way mark and that will be a day of rejoicing. Jimmy is doing awesome and is close to his 50 pound loss. I am not sure what his end goal is but I am sure it will be at least another 30 to 40 lbs as well. He will probably beat me to the goal but we will have the ultimate victory together when we celebrate our new and better health. But that will not be the end of the journey. We will have to hold each other accountable so we don't fall back into the "food traps." We must learn to manage our bodies and exercise. That seems to be the main focus of weight watchers. Managing your points and exercise.


I had my hair cut and colored on Tuesday of this week and I have to admit, it has caused some controversy with my spouse. I post this picture just to ask for honest opinions. Really, I want complete honesty. I would like to know what people think of the color and the style. I am perfectly okay with it but I think Jimmy is going to take longer to adjust. He just wasn't prepared for the color and style change all at once. I have been wearing my hair pretty much the same since high school (yes, I know, that's sad), but I really like the straighter style so I will keep it for awhile. My husband was nicer last night after Yuri scolded him for being so negative to me about my hair (Thank you Yuri for taking up for me). After all, its just hair.

Change can be good sometimes. We all have to adjust to change in our daily lives and as long as we always put God first and allow him to lead, guide, and direct us, I don't believe we will go wrong. We can either be in God's will or he will allow us our permissive will. The Browns are in the midst of change and I am still praying for them. They have a lot of changes ahead of them but I do believe they are doing what the Lord is requiring of them. I believe he is going to use them in Asheville just as he has used them here in Lexington. Jimmy said it best one day when we were discussing it on the phone with Yuri. Jimmy said, "Yuri, there are 7 more Jimmy Tullocks waiting for you guys in Asheville." That was a BIG statement and meant a lot to us and them. As I have said before in a previous blog, Jon and Yuri were big mentors for me and God used them to show Christ to Jimmy. I am going to miss them terribly but I also know that we will not let a 2 hour distance break a friendship that God brought together.

8 comments:

  1. As far as your weight loss, you are almost halfway to losing what you want to be at. good job!
    As for the hair, I can't see but the top. We need a full picture to give opinions. The color looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna have to agree with Heather, all we can see is the top! C'Mon Angie give us more!!! : ) As far as your "Other Half" - don't worry about him. Brian never likes when I change my hair, but he's so use to me going back and forth from blonde to brown it just doesn't phase him anymore. He told me the other night he hates it when I go to my sisters house because he never knows what I'm going to look like when I come back home!!

    Good Job on your weight loss, keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it is that much different, just straighter and more of a layered cut. Anyway it was embarrassing asking the only woman in the office to take my picture. I'm sure she is thinking, "how vain". But I do want honest opinions on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love It!! It looks really good and I love the color!

    Thanks for the full picture : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have finally caught up with the times. Remember, Jimmy has never really seen your hair any other way.
    You are doing such a fantastic job on your weight loss. A true inspiration. I love you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you too Sis! You taught me everything growing up from making mud pies to beating curfew time with only minutes to spare!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angie, GREAT JOB on keeping up the healthy life style. I really am proud of you and I think you look fantastic! Including your hair, I like this look.

    ReplyDelete