Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Second Goal & Counting!

January 28, 2009

Weighed in this morning and made 2nd goal! Lost 1.4 lbs and this brings total weight loss to 35.6 lbs. Susan also gave me an additional key chain that has the number "16" on it which represents 16 weeks of faithfulness in attending meetings. I cannot believe it has been 16 weeks already in this journey but I also realize I have many more weeks to go. She said to take this week and reflect back on the 16 weeks and look back over my food journal and get an idea on what I've done to get to this point so we can move forward and look towards my next goal. We are going to set my next goal when I return for weigh in next week. I did not do as well as I would have wanted this week and it was another low number, but I can look back on this week and tell you exactly why the number was low. I was not faithful in my daily exercises this past week and also splurged more over this weekend than I should have. My love for chicken wings must come to a halt! I watched "The Biggest Loser" last night and they gave me a great idea for a substitute recipe for chicken wings so that will be the next "dish" I try at home.

I wanted to comment on Sunday night at church. I did not get a chance to really say how great the service was and how mine and Jimmy's heart were touched. Not only did Jennifer Fogle do an awesome job but Rachael will never truly understand what me and her dad were feeling as she was singing for the Lord. I cannot express in any words the impact of her singing and how we had prayed all week that the Lord use her for his glory. Since Jimmy and I both accepted Christ later in our lives, we cannot help but to cry when we think of the years wasted in the world. Understand, we do not dwell on these thoughts but we know what years were spent living our lives for things of this world. As we watched our daughter sing, the overwhelming thoughts of generational sin came to mine. We, by accepting Christ and our home serving the Lord, have prayerfully stopped generations of habitual sin that was eating away at our families. Rachael already knows the Lord, serves the Lord, goes to a Christian school where she can pray and worship freely, is involved with teens, Christian camps, and receives the word of God in her life each day. That is so much more than Jimmy's family or my family ever saw or had the opportunity to experience. Just to see her doing what we have prayed for since the day we received Christ was a fantastic, awesome, and most humbling experience. I pray every day that Rachael will allow Christ to lead, guide, and direct her and that she will LOVE the Lord with all her heart. GOD IS SO GOOD!!! I PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!!!

Jimmy is in Salisbury today with his dad and we have been praying for God's intervention in a situation in his family as well. We don't always understand why bad things happen and sometimes nothing makes sense. We just see the pain and hurt that surrounds us because of Satan's attack on our families. We trust in God though, and we continue to have faith that he is in control. Isa: 55.8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. Pray for us and his family.

I am looking forward to the weekend. We have a couple of things planned and will be getting together with friends. I love to spend time with our friends and fellowship. It gives us a chance to relax, catch up, and enjoy the company of other Christians.

3 comments:

  1. Rachael did such a good job Sunday night. I saw her after church and told her she sounded great! Sunday night was such a wonderful service and I think until you have children you don't realize the impact that they have on your life and the way you see things so differently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel did a beautiful job Sunday night and the words of the song she selected also touched my heart. I pray this will always be the desire of her heart, Lord use me. I also enjoyed sitting behind you and Jimmy and watching as you watched your daughter. God is so good to us, just the fact that He saved us would be enough but to also give us His mountiful blessings can make your heart full.

    You are doing great with your lifestyle change! Keep up the great work. I continue to be proud of you.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachael has been the "girl" in our family. I was very proud of her as if she was ours. I pray that she will always make you proud. She has a great support system to help her along the way! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete