Monday, January 26, 2009

MEMORIES WITH OUR TEENS!









January 26, 2009





Its Monday and I'm back at work. It was a nice weekend filled with fun and surprises. We left on Friday for our teen ski trip to West Virginia. We were there by 3:00 pm and the kids were ready and on the slopes by 5:00 pm. I had packed 2 loaves of bread, peanut butter and jelly, ham, and some other snack foods for the kids. I guess I have deemed myself the "den mother" of the pack. I like to take care of the kids and feed them. I enjoy feeding others and it must be a God given gift because I always tend to lean towards making sure everyone has been taken care of and no one goes hungry. I enjoy giving to others and it is a blessing to see the appreciation on their faces. We were not scheduled to eat until around 10:30 pm when we left to go home so the snacks helped fill the void of hunger until we stopped. Even the leaders seemed to enjoy the sandwiches.
We watched the teens ski, tube, eat, play in the snow, and play games inside the lodge. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Approximately 1 hour before we were scheduled to start home, Sandy Holt was hit in the back of her head by another person that was hit by a skier. Sandy was knocked unconscious and she lay ed faced down in the snow for approximately 20 minutes. I gathered the teens around in a circle as Miss Wright was holding Sandy's hand in the snow and I started to pray. At that moment I just felt compelled to bring the teens together and pray. We prayed as the paramedics worked with her and she regained consciousness. We prayed as they loaded her in the ambulance and we prayed when we arrived at the hospital. It was a very scary time for all of us but God answered our prayers. Sandy received a concussion and an injury to her AC joint in her collarbone but was released to go home around 3:00 am.
Missy and I had rode up in her vehicle so we opted to stay to bring Sandy back home. The teens and leaders took the bus and van back home at the scheduled time. Austin, Becca, Rachel, and Miss Wright stayed with us and we all sat at the hospital with Sandy until time to go home. We got back to the Church around 6:00 am on Saturday. I am very thankful that Sandy was not seriously injured and I know the Lord was in total control.
Here are some more pictures of the trip. Hope you enjoy them.
















































































2 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a blast! I remember those days and so does T.W. - he's got the gray hair to remind him!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time despite having to spend the night at the hospital. Thanks for always looking out for out teens and for caring for them.

    ReplyDelete